Injection moulded radar antennas
Since the nineteenth century humanity dreamed of autonomous means of transport. More recently, Tesla, Google, and established car makers with vehicles that have an integrated autopilot function, have reached important milestones on the way to the self-propelled car. Thanks to innovative distance radar antennas from HUBER+SUHNER, the dream of autonomous driving now comes a little closer.
In order to be able to drive vehicles accident-free on their own, they need radar systems which are capable of detecting obstacles even over long distances and in adverse weather conditions. HUBER+SUHNER has developed an antenna technology that allows new distance radar systems to provide a detailed picture of the vehicle environment.
Today's distance radar systems do not recognise details and thus supply too little information for autonomous driving. Thanks to new radiator geometries, three-dimensional signal distribution networks and extremely low losses, radar systems with HUBER+SUHNER antennas provide higher resolution images and can measure larger distances than previous systems.
Features & Benefits
- New antenna geometries unfeasible on printed circuit boards (PCB)
- Close to zero loss thanks to waveguide technology
- Enabling three-dimensional signal distribution networks (e.g. crossing lines)
- Highly repeatable performance thanks to tool based manufacturing
- Full radar surface can be used as aperture
- Metalised polymer antenna technology opens up a whole new world to radar antenna designs