It's all about the adhesion between the liquid and the surface and the diameter of the capillary tube. Copper conductors in general are leaking due to cavity between single copper wires and cavity between conductor and insulation.
RADOX® Anticapillary cables with grease-like filling material avoids capillary effect for oil, water, AdBlue and other fluids. The grease-like filling material is a compound developed by HUBER+SUHNER and applied during copper conductor production continuously.
- AdBlue environmental harness
- Cabling to rearview outside windows mirrors or other devices where moisture, vapour and water is a potential risk
- Fuel pump systems
- Transmission oil environmental
Features & Benefits
- Sealed solutions to avoid fluids entering the electric components.
- Liquid tight, silicone-free cable solution, 100% over complete cable length
- Stripping, crimping etc. on standard equipment possible
- Cable according LV112 and ISO6722 requirement
- Silicone-free grease
- Temperature range -40 °C to 150 °C (3000h)
- Handling like a standard cable (reel packaging, storage incl. storage temperature, end of lifetime recycling and scraping).
- No expensive sealing solutions needed, such as: waterproof connectors, over moulding, adhesive bonding or cable separator sleeves.
- The grease-blocked solution seals the cable in case of insulation damage caused by a cut or animal bite for example.
- For AdBlue, Water, Oil, Gasoline, etc.