September saw the start of the pilot phase of a public gigabit Wi-Fi access point on the famous Fan Mile in Berlin, Germany. HUBER+SUHNER is providing Wi-Fi antennas and coaxial cables, thus playing its part in enabling users in the area to surf, chat and stream for free for 30 minutes.
The biennial OTC Asia is where energy professionals meet to exchange ideas and opinions to advance scientific and technical knowledge for offshore resources and environmental matters.
The core products for fiber management systems are the splice cassettes. The "ACS" (Advanced Cassette System), offers a flexible and modular system which fulfils all fiber security requirements such as bend radius. The Advanced Cassette System (ACS) is a modular and easy-to-use fiber cassette system that can be put together without tools. 3 types of cassettes are available which support high-level fiber infrastructure.
• SingleCircuit management (SCM) for specialised applications with higher handling and reliability requirements which allows individual circuits to be managed without having to disturb others.
• MultiCircuit management (MCM) for mass fiber deployment such as for FTTH requirements which allows simple storage and fiber splicing for up to 24 splices in one cassette.
• Splitter cassette for an easy integration of passive devices such as splitters or CWDM elements into the network.
The access to the fibers is possible by folding away neighbouring cassettes meaning that all previously spliced fibers remain undisturbed. The ACSSCM cassette has the same dimensions as the ACS-MCM cassette, but fibers can be spliced on both the front and back side.
• Fully bend radius protected
• Independent cable structure
• Integrated crossover field
• Storage area for unused fibers
• Labelling options for all cassettes